Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Falling Happily into Relaxed Mode


Liberto is back at work today, having taken a few days off. He has so many vacation days accumulated, he may as well be a teacher. When he requested those three days off, he thought I'd be finished with work, but he was a week too early. Therefore, he had a Friday and a Monday off without me to hang out with, so he did household chores and errands. Yesterday, my first official day of summer, he was still off, so we went to the gym in the morning, then out again in the afternoon to get him a new suit. We're going to a wedding on Saturday, he needs a suit anyway, so this was the time. He usually wears a sports jacket and pants for the few formal events he attends. I told him to be sure that it still fits for a few years, in case he has any job interviews within the city. He was approached by Someone recently about a vacant directorship; however,the City then instituted a hiring freeze, so that prospect has been pushed to the back burner. This summer, I will be working on my own bod. I haven't gone to the gym the way I should have this past semester, and have eaten to comfort my stress, so my clothes are a bit on the tight side. I will now continue to go to the gym every other day.

This morning, I went to the Nail Place and had a pedicure and manicure. I haven't done either for months, largely because I haven't wanted to spend any of my minimal free time sitting and waiting over there. I've been using glue-on nails, which are fast and look fairly decent because I can stick them on while watching Breaking Bad on Sunday nights.

Last night on Idol, Crystal triumphed. Knocked it out of the ball park, dawg! Here's proof of her magic and excellence: her rendition of that Credence Clearwater song during the first episode of Idol is still re-playing itself hauntingly in my mind. No doubt both she and Lee will do well on the open market. That's what really counts. Look at Daughtry. Look at Adam Lambert. In the long run, the free market determines the real winners.

Shawn is here on leave, but he has to get dressed up in military regalia and report to the Savannah Recruiting Center every weekday to do odd jobs, which range from nothing to filling out forms. At least he's getting paid for it.

Well, now it's time for me to think about what I'll do for the rest of the day for fun and relaxation. Oh, first thing, I must get a gift card out to my grandson, who turns 9 next Monday!!

No comments: