We left Rome Saturday morning on a 10:20 flight and were in Savannah by 8 p.m. I still have so much to say about the culture, the sights, the entire experience, but now that I'm back at work, I have felt unusually tired this week, no surprise there. As Liberto pointed out, we spent two weeks running up and down stairs to the subway, up and down to the third floor of the hotel. walking block after block, going all day, every day, adrenaline pumping the entire time, and then suddenly, here I am in a different time zone, standing all day with my three new classes. On Tuesday, the first day with students, I knew I was going to need a nap as soon as I came home. I fell into bed at 4 p.m. and slept till 7 p.m. I got up long enough to eat some supper, then went back to bed at 8 o'clock and slept till 5:15, when the alarm went off. It was a little better on Wednesday. I came home and dozed in front of the t.v. until 6:30, then went to bed at 8 p.m. Today was a little bit better still; I came home and did not have to have a nap. Maybe the fatigue from the adjustment is leveling off. When I drove in this afternoon, Liberto's car was in the garage. I hurried in and discovered that he has the flu and has been in bed all day, shivering. And he had a flu shot!
Despite being tired, I've made it through the school days. Monday was a teacher planning day, on Tuesday, I met my three new 11th grade classes. I'm so thankful to be rid of that 4th block 9th grade class. HALLELUJAH!! GOOD RIDDANCE!!
In future blogs, I want to talk more about the trip. I got myself a nice big coffee cup in Paris, with an elegant picture and "Paris" written across it in script.
1 comment:
I am loving the photos and videos! It almost makes me feel as if I'm with you on the trip. Lovely!
Post a Comment