Monday, December 28, 2009

Post Christmas/Anniversary Monday



Last night, we had an excellent dinner at Love's Seafood Restaurant. These nights, I've stayed up later and later, sleeping in more each morning. Boy, is it going to be a shock to my system next Monday when the 5:15 alarm rings. But I won't think about that now.

Today, I took Paul to the bank to deposit all the cash he's been accumulating by never spending the $20 a week we dole out for walking-around money. He had $655 in cash lying around, and he has his own bank account, so we convinced him that he might want to place it in his account although I'm not against anyone having part of their nest egg stuffed in the mattress. We stopped at Lenscrafters so he could have a quick eye appointment before the year ends. The traffic was horrible today, and I was glad to return home.

We're still feeling the loss of Petie. It's hard not to expect him to come clip-clopping down the hall, or to stand excitedly nearby as we eat dinner, waiting for a scrap. We donated three bags full of towels and sheets, dog food, and other supplies to the Humane Society on Saturday.

Wednesday night is Liberto's 50th birthday party at the Oyster Bar downtown. Then the next morning, Thursday, he leaves for Venezuela.

No comments: