Thursday, December 9, 2010

First stirrings of serious excitement



I've been griping about the 4th block students. They, and other school-related tasks, take up so much space in my psyche that I've had little room for anything else, even anticipation of our forthcoming travels. This evening, however, Princess, Carl, Aaron, Olivia, etc. dissolved like a bad dream from my mind, as Liberto and I made on-line reservations for some exciting activities in Rome, including a tour of the Sistene Chapel, an audience with the Pope (I'm sure we'll be three people among thousands, but that's okay) and a side trip to Florence. We also reserved a tour of Versailles and two-day passes to do all the museums in Paris. Those are just the scheduled activities; we'll also go to other sites spontaneously, as we feel like it. But I won't be able to surrender entirely to my excitement for another week, until all the research papers are graded, the final exams made up and given, and the final grades submitted.

No comments: