Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day Off


Paul just now ordered me to "go write on your blog for a little while" so that I can have a little me-time before helping him with his Speech that's due later today. I will be filming it, probably several takes. I also have student notebooks piled around the room, and am already in a panic about looking through them in time for tomorrow.

I just walked in the door from another dental appointment. I had to have a three-dimensional scan of my jaw and neck, in preparation for the implants, just to make sure I have enough jaw bone to proceed. Otherwise, I will be getting some kind of stent-implants which stretch the bone for awhile....never mind. The details are too painful. Each time I see the specialist for the steps in the process, he has to remove the permanent bridge which the implants will replace. But oddly, he doesn't have the proper glue to re-cement the bridge into place, so I have to go to my regular dentist to have it cemented in to stay. The specialist has some kind of glop, but it's not a serious cement. But if all goes well, the next procedure will be the implants themselves, in a few weeks. I get some kind of sedative for that, so my nervous nature will be calmed.

Liberto is at Wal-Mart. We both had the day off for President's Day. I love three-day weekends. Some school systems in Georgia are now doing four-day work weeks to save money. The parents who count on the schools as a babysitter hate it, but I can see how the teachers might really like it!

It's a cold, rainy, dreary day. It's supposed to drop to freezing tonight with highs in the 40's tomorrow.

No comments: