

Sunday evening. It just started thundering. We've had a relaxed weekend. Yesterday, Liberto actually volunteered to go to the pool with us. I've been nagging him for the longest time to come along, telling him the buoyancy will be good for his spine, but he always says no because the horseflies seem to crave Hispanic blood much more than Anglo. I've also been trying to get Shawn to go, but have not succeeded so far. So Liberto, Paul and I went for a bath-water-warm swim in late afternoon. The horseflies still love Liberto, but whenever they moved in, he dove underwater.
Coincidentally, I've been working on the same project Sharon has undertaken (great minds think alike!)getting the family photos scanned. My photos take up 95% of our closet. I've always been a photography buff, ever since I requested and received a Brownie camera for a childhood birthday present. If I can digitalize 50 years' of photos, I'll have much more room in the closet.
The photos above are from a wonderful trip Paul and I took with my cousins Jean and Ruth in the summer of 2004. The four of us drove from Toronto to Nova Scotia to Prince Edward Island and back to Toronto. Among many other things, I visted my mother's hometown, Mulgrave, Nova Scotia for the first time, and saw her childhood house! Those photos will be shown in another entry.
One evening on Prince Edward, we visited a lighthouse. The glassy sea sat placidly at low tide, exposing a huge, dark beach of rocks, pebbles, seaweed, and tidal pools. Paul and I walked a long way out to the water's edge. I was so intrigued by the red-brown colors of the rocks and pebbles that filled the beach. I thought the tide might be coming in, but the water was so still, it was difficult to tell. I focused for awhile on a certain red rock in front of me, and sure enough, I could see the tiny channels of water flow slowly and quietly around its sides, and gently over the top of it. We knew it was time to walk back. That beach was beautiful.
PEI, the setting of Anne of Green Gables, provided author L.M. Montgomery with inspiration for her long passages describing the island's natural beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment