
Tuesday afternoon: This morning's meeting with the BOE HR lady was pleasant. She was a super nice and helpful person, upbeat and smiling. When I told her I wanted to be released from the contract, she said the decision is made by the principal---the supt. just rubber stamps it. She said if there are candidates applying to an employee's school in the same field of the person trying to leave, the principal can opt to release the employee and hire a replacement. The nice lady left the office for a few minutes and checked on the candidate situation, and discovered that there are English people trying to get on board at Groves, so there's a chance that the principal might say good riddance to me. The HR lady left again and placed a call to the principal. It turned out she was out of town. So the HR lady left messages on her cell phone and blackberry asking her to call her. She said she'd call me as soon as she heard the principal's decision. But when the HR lady phoned me at 4:30, it was not to give me a decision, but to tell me she still hadn't heard back from the principal. She promised she'd continue to track her down and get back to me tomorrow. I was so impressed with how nice she was. In fact, in the past two days, all the people I encountered in the offices at the BOE were just as warm and friendly as could be.
Knowing that I'd be in a state of suspense, I worked hard to keep busy all day and distract myself. I know, I know, the problem of whether I work at Groves or Richmond Hill next year is a miniscule ripple in the ocean of life's problems, but I will feel more peaceful just to know whether it's Door A or Door B!
No comments:
Post a Comment