
Friday: Just a quick entry to make sure everyone knows that it's time to shout and clap and break open the beer: TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! We'll be back for two teacher work days next week. But without the students, the climate is very relaxed. We no longer have to be on high alert every second.
I won't break open any beer for a few hours yet because I'm grading SAT's this evening and need to stay clear-headed. The topic asks whether fame brings happiness, and the name "Britney Spears" has certainly appeared a lot of the papers as an example to the contrary.
L. has been having some troubles with kidney stones. He woke up last night and felt as though a small one was moving through his sytem. In the early years of our marriage, he had horrible, major, emergency-room problems with kidney stones, and even had laser surgery at one point, which only broke up the bigger stones enough to send cascades of little pebbles rippling painfully through his system for months afterwards. But at least no more emergency room visits. He feels better this evening, and is planted in front of the television watching the tributes to Tim Russert, whose death this afternoon was a shock.
Well, I'm ready to get back to reading SAT's, so I can finish early enough to pass out in front of tonight's movie selection.
No comments:
Post a Comment